The Dam and Seawall Repair or Removal Program offers financial resources to qualified applicants for projects that share our mission to enhance, preserve, and protect the natural resources and the scenic, historic and aesthetic qualities of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Dam and Seawall Repair or Removal Fund was established in 2013 by the Massachusetts Legislature to promote public health, public safety, and ecological restoration. Additional funds have also been supplemented the program with monies authorized in the EEA Environmental Bond.
The Dam and Seawall Repair or Removal Program FY2019 RFR is now open. The Requests for Proposals are posted to the state RFR site, www.commbuys.com. There are two financing opportunities available in the FY2019 round:
- RFR ENV 19 DS 01 is a grant program to support the completion of designs and permit applications to repair or remove dams, seawalls and other coastal infrastructure, and levees.
- RFR ENV 19 DS 02 is a grant and/or loan program to support the construction phase of repair or removal of dams, seawalls and other coastal infrastructure, and levees.
To access the RFR documents in the procurement file, go to the File Attachments section and select the link to view the RFR document
If the above links does not take you to the RFR pages:
1. Go to http://www.commbuys.com
2. Select “Contract and Bid Search”, then select “bids”
3. Enter "DSLF" in the Bid Description field
4. Select the Search button
5. Click on a search result for DSLF DESIGN AND PERMIT GRANT or DSLF CONSTRUCTION FINANCE GRANT.
6. Go to the File Attachments section and select the link to view the RFR document.
Applications must be received by June 22, 2018.
Project funding is also available from a variety of federal, state, and private sources. Use the appropriate guide to help locate potential funding sources, especially for costs not covered by this Fund: