Training for licensed professionals to meet Chapter 260 requirements
As part of the Acts of 2014, Chapter 260, An Act Relative to Domestic Violence, Section 9, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health was tasked with creating a domestic and sexual violence training for professionals receiving licensure from the:
- Board of Registration in Medicine
- Board of Registration in Nursing
- Board of Registration of Physician Assistants
- Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Board of Registration of Social Workers
- Board of Registration of Psychologists
- Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health and Human Services Professions
In order to meet this requirement, an online training was developed in consultation with content experts.
Domestic and sexual violence training experts are encouraged to apply for DPH approval to become a provider of this Chapter 260 training:
Additional Resources for Training for licensed professionals to meet Chapter 260 requirements
Maternal and Child Health
The Domestic and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services provides trainings for maternal and child health providers around domestic/sexual violence and how to work with survivors in a trauma-informed way.
Trauma can have serious impacts on an individual’s health, behaviors, relationships, and other aspects of life. A trauma-informed approach integrates into policies, procedures, and practices an understanding of the role past trauma plays in the lives of individuals. This approach can help avoid re-traumatization in healthcare and social service settings. The Domestic and Sexual Violence Prevention and Services Division works toward the promotion of system-wide trauma-informed care initiatives and policy development.
The Division of Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention and Services works to facilitate and support the integration and incorporation of best practice healthcare responses to sexual and domestic violence. This includes but is not limited too ensuring that responses to sexual and domestic violence are trauma-informed and universal.
- DPH Circular Letter DHCQ 622
- Supporting Resources for Addressing Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Strengthening Collaborations Progress Report, December 2013