Each year, Massachusetts' parks receive more than 33 million visitors hoping to enjoy the state's recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities. The Massachusetts park system allows visitors to experience:
- Environmental Education
- Learning opportunities at historic and archeological sites
Your donation will contribute to the health of our forests and diverse wildlife habitats, our recreational opportunities and cultural and historic resources. There are a great many environmental projects that your donation will benefit, including:
- Fragile sand dunes at ocean beaches need boardwalks and informational signs to protect them from overuse.
- Many buildings, roads, trails and other improvements in the state parks were constructed decades ago and need repairs.
- Environmental education efforts in state facilities will be increased.
- Lawn mowers, tools, vehicles, typewriters, landscaping materials, signs and other equipment are vitally important to careful natural resource stewardship.
You can see past projects that have been funded through DCR's trust funds to see the great work that your contribution will support.
Who can donate?
Almost anyone can donate to the Department of Conservation and Recreation’s Conservation Trust and Urban Parks Trust Fund, including:
- Park users
Benefits of donating
Your donations are tax-deductible, and can be earmarked for your favorite park or your favorite program. The donations are used to complete projects that are beyond the basic maintenance of DCR's properties.