Dryer Fire Prevention Tips
- Clean the filter screen after each load to prevent lint buildup, which can cause fires.
- An adult should be at home whenever the dryer is in use and the home should have working smoke alarms.
- Clean the vents outside twice a year to clean out any accumulated dust and lint.
- Commercial dryers should be cleaned out regularly because of their frequent use and shared venting system.
- Don't dry mop heads in the dryer. The dryer's heat can ignite the chemical residue on mop heads.
- Keep the surrounding area clean. The dryer's heat may ignite anything left too close to the dryer.