First Time/One Time Bonuses
Subsequent Deployment Bonuses
- For the purposes of this program, a member of the armed forces shall be considered to be deployed or in a deployment on any day on which, pursuant to orders, the member is performing service in a training exercise or operation at a location or under circumstances that make it impossible or infeasible for the member to spend off-duty time in the housing in which the member resides when on garrison duty at the member's permanent duty station or homeport, as the case may be.
- In the case of a member of a reserve component who is performing active service pursuant to orders that do not establish a permanent change of station, the housing referred to in paragraph (1) is any housing (which may include the member's residence) that the member usually occupies for use during off-duty time when on garrison duty at the member's permanent duty station or homeport, as the case may be.
- For the purposes of this program, a member is not deployed or in a deployment when the member is--
- performing service as a student or trainee at a school (including any Government school);
- performing administrative, guard, or detail duties in garrison at the member's permanent duty station; or
- unavailable solely because of--
- a hospitalization of the member at the member's permanent duty station or homeport or in the immediate vicinity of the member's permanent residence; or
- a disciplinary action taken against the member