When you apply for SNAP benefits, we will ask you if one of the following describes you:
- Does your income and money in the bank add up to less than your monthly housing expenses?
- Is your monthly income less than $150 and is your money in the bank $100 or less?
- Are you a migrant worker and is your money in the bank less than $100?
Emergency SNAP benefits are an initial benefit that you may be eligible for while we review your application.
- If you qualify for this benefit, it may not mean we approve you for monthly SNAP benefits.
- The standard for emergency SNAP benefits is different than the standard for monthly SNAP benefits.
If we approve you for emergency SNAP benefits
- You will get a letter in the mail telling you the amount of your benefits. This letter will also tell you what other steps you may have to take to complete the application process.
- You will get an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to start using your emergency benefits.
If you are not approved for emergency SNAP benefits
- If you have questions about why you weren't approved, let us know.
- You may still be eligible for monthly SNAP benefits.