Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other sprinklerfitters in their employ perform sprinkler work.
Additional Resources for Who should have one?
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Sprinkler Contractor License must:
- Provide documentation from an employer that proves you have worked five (5) years in the fire protection sprinkler system business in a management position.
- Provide documentation that you are an owner, partner, officer, or in a full time management position of a fire protection sprinkler system company.
- Provide documentation from an approved school that you have completed 300 hours of sprinkler fitting study.
- Provide proof that you are a citizen of the United States, or are entitled to work in the United States.
- Provide proof that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Pay a non-refundable application processing fee of $100.
Additional Resources for What are the prerequisites?
How is this license obtained?
You must submit an application and successfully pass a written exam.
Fees: $100 non-refundable application processing fee; $75 renewal fee.