Filing the complaint
- Complaint to be filed in county where child support order or other judgment relating to child support was issued or registered. If there is no such order or judgment, complaint to be filed in county where plaintiff resides.
- Complaint must be filed within forty-five (45) days of the date of the final determination entered by the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Division.
- A copy of the final determination entered by the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Division must be filed with this complaint.
- A copy of this complaint and a summons must be placed in the Department of Revenue box in the office of the Register of Probate.
- No filing fee is required.
Service of complaint
Service of complaint on defendant is to be made in accordance with Massachusetts Rules of Domestic Relations Procedures Rule 4.
Uniform Counsel Certification
Attorneys are required to file a Uniform Counsel Certification.