Pursuant to Section 4 of Chapter 219 of the Acts of 2016 and Section 88 of Chapter 154 of the Acts of 2018, the OSD’s Supplier Diversity Office (SDO), in collaboration with the Massachusetts Office on Disability (MOD), have established the SDO Individuals with Disabilities Program with the following goals:
- Expand Inclusion of Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (DOBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprises (SDVOBE).
- Transform and expand the SDO Individuals with Disabilities Pilot Program into an Ongoing Program.
- Further Develop the Program Webpage with Resources and Tools for Employers and Individuals with Disabilities Seeking Employment.
The program sets goals on a biennial basis and reports on them annually.
Resources and Tools for Employers
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission Resources for Employers
- Employment Rights of People with Disabilities
- U.S. Dept of Labor Resources for Hiring People with Disabilities
Nonprofit Resources for Employers
Note: Other organizations interested in being included in the listing above are advised to respond to the COMMBUYS Request for Information (RFI): Organizations Assisting Employers in Hiring Individuals with Disabilities
Commonwealth Resources and Tools for Job Seekers with Disabilities
- Massachusetts Office on Disability Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Massachusetts Office on Disability Employment Rights Information
- MassHire Department of Career Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the Blind
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services for Individuals with Disabilities
- Veterans' Job Programs and Services
Program Annual Reports