Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other pipefitters in his employ perform pipefitting work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Master Pipefitter License must:
- Have submitted a properly completed application with proper mailing AND home address, and social security number.
- Attach a 2" x 2" photo to the application
- Provide documentation from employer, and attach it to the application, that you have held and used a Massachusetts Journeyman Pipefitters license for not less than 2,000 hours.
- Attach proper documentation, from an approved school that you have completed 100 hours of A.S.M.E. Code instruction, to the application.
- Attach proper documentation from an approved school that you have completed 100 hours of additional Pipefitter theory instruction.
- Provide a non-refundable application processing fee of $100.
Additional Resources for
How is this licensed obtained?
You must submit the application and successfully pass a written exam.
Continuing Education: Schools Approved by the Department
Fees: $100 non-refundable application processing fee; $75 renewal fee