The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) helps people with disabilities to live and work independently. MRC serves people with all types of disabilities except those who are blind. Individuals with visual disabilities are served through the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB).
Community Living (CL) offers.
- help if you have an acquired/traumatic head injury
- help to live independently at home
- Independent Living Center Services providing information, referral, skills training, advocacy and peer counseling for persons with disabilities
- help for individuals turning 22
- Assistive Technology to help individuals with severe disabilities get equal access to jobs and community life
- investigations of reported abuse of people with physical disabilities
Additional Resources for Community Living
Disability Determination Services (DDS)
Disability Determination Services (DDS) is funded by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and determines the initial and continued eligibility for federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.
Additional Resources for Disability Determination Services (DDS)
Vocational Rehabilitation Division (VR). The Vocational Rehabilitation Program helps people with a disabling condition find or return to work. VR also works with employers in the community to help create job openings and increase awareness of the benefits of diversity in the workplace.