The Non-Profit Purchasing Programs were developed by the Massachusetts' Operational Services Division to allow eligible non-profit organizations to purchase commodities and services directly from statewide contractors at the low price negotiated by the Commonwealth.
Two types of non-profits are eligible to participate in the program:
- Non-profit human and social service providers under contract with the Commonwealth; and
- Other non-profit organizations receiving public funding from state, federal, or local governments in the form of appropriated funds, grants, or contracts.
Non-Profit Human and Social Service Providers under Contract with the Commonwealth
Non-profit human and social service providers, also referred to as Purchase of Service (POS) Providers, meeting the following criteria are eligible to purchase from Statewide Contracts with no additional approval required from the Operational Services Division:
- Certified non-profit status: 501(c)(3) status or equivalent;
- Currently providing human and social services under contract with one or more Commonwealth of Massachusetts departments;
- Contractor's annual audit (UFR) filing with OSD must be current and non-deficient.
Other Non-Profit Organizations Receiving Public Funding
Other non-profit organizations may obtain approval to purchase from Statewide Contracts if they meet the following criteria:
- Certified non-profit status – 501(c)(3) status or equivalent.
- Currently receiving funding from state, federal or local governments in the form of appropriated funds, grants or contracts.
Interested non-profit organizations must submit an Online Application providing evidence of meeting the eligibility criteria above (e.g., proof of non-profit status and grant award letters, contracts or other evidence of public funding). Upon written approval of this request, the organization will be added to the list of Other Non-Profit Organizations eligible to buy commodities and services from statewide contracts. Eligibility must be renewed on an annual basis.
Questions regarding program participation for this group of non-profits should be directed to the Purchasing Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Statewide Contracts
New statewide contracts constantly are being developed, so eligible non-profits should check COMMBUYS directly. Additional information on Statewide Contracts, including the Statewide Contract Index and Statewide Contract User Guides may be found via a link on the OSD home page. Eligible non-profits also may contact statewide contractors directly to request product information, catalogs, pricing, purchase requirements, or other contract-specific terms (such as minimum order amounts). Please reference the Statewide Contract number to ensure that the state prices and terms are quoted. All purchase transactions occur directly between the eligible Non-Profit and the statewide contractor.