The Non-Profit Purchasing Programs were developed by the Massachusetts' Operational Services Division to allow eligible non-profit organizations to use Statewide Contracts for commodities and services. Participating non-profits can purchase commodities and services directly from statewide contractors at the low price negotiated by the Commonwealth. This helps keep down the cost of operating the programs for consumers.
Two types of non-profits are eligible to participate in the program:
- Non-profit human and social service providers under contract with the Commonwealth; and
- Other non-profit organizations receiving public funding from state, federal or local governments in the form of appropriated funds, grants or contracts.
Non-Profit Human and Social Service Providers under Contract with the Commonwealth
Non-profit human and social service providers, also referred to as Purchase of Service (POS) Providers, meeting the following criteria are eligible to purchase from Statewide Contracts with no additional approval required from the Operational Services Division:
- Certified non-profit status: 501(c)(3) status or equivalent;
- Currently providing human and social services under contract with one or more Commonwealth of Massachusetts departments;
- Contractor's annual audit (UFR) filing with OSD must be current and non-deficient.
Other Non-Profit Organizations Receiving Public Funding
Other non-profit organizations may obtain approval to purchase from Statewide Contracts if they meet the following criteria:
- Certified non-profit status – 501(c)(3) status or equivalent.
- Currently receiving funding from state, federal or local governments in the form of appropriated funds, grants or contracts.
- Must submit a written request on an annual basis providing evidence that documents the eligibility criteria above (e.g., proof of non-profit status and grant award letters, contracts or other evidence of public funding) to the Purchasing Agent at: email@example.com. Upon written approval of this request, the organization will be added to the list of other non-profit organizations that are eligible to buy commodities and services from statewide contracts.
Questions regarding program participation for this group of non-profits should be directed to the Purchasing Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Statewide Contracts
New statewide contracts are constantly being developed, so eligible non-profits should check COMMBUYS directly. Additional information on Statewide Contracts, including the Statewide Contract Index and Statewide Contract User Guides can be found via a link on the OSD home page. Eligible non-profits may also contact the statewide contractor directly to request product information, catalogs, pricing, purchase requirements or other contract specific terms (such as minimum order amounts). Please reference the Statewide Contract number to ensure that the state prices and terms are quoted. All purchase transactions occur directly between the eligible Non-Profit and the statewide contractor.