All applicants must complete an application on the Board’s e-Place Portal. The link below will take you to our on-line portal where you will first be required to log in or to create a portal account if this is your first time using our online portal. To create an account select the link to “Register for an Account” and follow the instructions for setting up your account
Once you are logged in you want to go to the “Manage Licenses, Permits & Certificates” tab and select “File and online application”.
Important Points to be aware of before you start your application:
1. This application is only for licensees who are licensed by examination in states who entered into a written agreement with MA for reciprocity of licensure.
2. Applicants for a Class A (Master) license by reciprocity must either already be a Class B (Journeyman) licensee in MA or submitting the application concurrently. Applications shall be legibly complete and notarized upon submittal to the Board.
3. Applications shall be accompanied by payment in full of the non-refundable required fee of $310 for Master or $208 for Journeyman paid via acceptable credit card or electronic funds transfer (checking account).
4. Applications shall also include a certified Statement of Registration from the licensing Board of the state from which the applicant is already licensed; the Statement of Registration shall include the applicant's full name, address, license type and number, shall indicate whether the license is current and in good standing, and shall be certified by an appropriate official and bear the Board seal.
5. Applicants must submit documentation of completion of 150 hours Master program or equivalent to the MA Master requirement in 237 CMR 22.02.
6. All applications, papers and other documents submitted to the Board in connection with an application for licensure without examination shall become the property of the Board.
7. Applicants who have been previously examined by the Board for a Master or Journeyman Electrician's license shall not be issued a license by reciprocity per 237CMR 15.02(6).