The Senior Guide to Health Care Coverage makes it easier for you to understand health coverage available in Massachusetts from MassHealth or the Health Connector. This guide is for Massachusetts residents who are
- 65 years of age or older and living at home; or any age and are in or are waiting to go into a long-term-care facility, or
- Eligible under certain programs to get long-term care services to live at home, or
- 65 years of age or older, disabled, and are either
- Working 40 or more hours a month, or
- If currently employed and working less than 40 hours per month, have been employed at least 240 hours in the 6-month period immediately preceding the month of receipt of the application
- Not working
- Applying for Health Connector plans
This booklet answers important questions that you may have about how to get health care benefits and the programs that are available.
If this does not describe you, please download the Member Booklet for Health and Dental Coverage and Help Paying Costs.