- The USDA Forest Service (Eastern Region), Urban and Community Forestry Program provides funds, technical assistance, technical transfer, and overall program guidance to Massachusetts and other states.
- The Arbor Day Foundation provides technical information and oversees the Tree City USA, Tree Campus Higher Education, Tree Line USA programs that are administered through the DCR.
- The National Association of State Foresters and the Northeast-Midwest State Foresters Alliance help states manage and protect state and private forests.
- The Massachusetts Tree Wardens‘ and Foresters’ Association is the professional association that represents the tree wardens who serve in each municipality to manage public shade trees.
- The Urban Natural Resources Institute facilitates and supports new and existing research, provides assistance, and coordinates the exchange of information among urban and community forestry practitioners in the New England and New York region.