Responsibilities of a family designee
The special designee will take n the role of a funeral director, and coordinate the completion of the death certificate by the medical certifier, working with the city/town clerk for data entry of information into the EDRS, and obtaining a burial permit.
The process will vary depending on whether the medical certifier and/or medical facility staff are online users of EDRS or using the manual fax attestation process.
- Overview for Family Designees PDF (Doc)
- Quick Guide for Clerks – Preparing Records for Families Not Using a Funeral Home PDF (Doc)
- Medical Certifier Worksheet PDF (Doc)
- Informant Worksheet (Part A) PDF (Doc)
- Veteran Worksheet (Part B) PDF (Doc)
- Funeral Provider (Part C) PDF (Doc)