Department of Conservation and Recreation Permits

You can get short-term and long-term permits to do a variety of activities in state parks.

The online permitting system, EEA ePLACE Portal, will be offline from Friday, February 28th at 6pm, until Monday, March 2nd at 8:45am. During this time period you will be unable to start, review or submit any permit applications. Please plan your submittals accordingly.

The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) issues short-term and long-term permits for a variety of activities at parks, beaches, forests, and reservations. These activities include 1-day walkathons, construction projects, 5-year commercial agreements, and more. Some permits are awarded through a competitive bidding process, and others you need to request.