Details of the Ninth Edition of Massachusetts Building Code are listed here.
Handbook Ninth Edition of the MA State Building Code 780
|Organization:||Office of Public Safety and Inspections|
|Date published:||June 8, 2018|
Ninth Edition CMR 780
The ninth edition building code was filed with the Secretary of State on Friday, Oct. 6, 2017 and became effective on Oct 20, 2017.
Building permit applications for projects utilizing eighth edition code provisions needed to be filed on or before Dec. 31, 2017. Applications received on or after Jan. 1, 2018 utilizing eighth edition code were returned to the applicant for revision.
- The International Building Code (IBC);
- International Residential Code (IRC);
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC);
- International Mechanical Code (IMC);
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC);
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC); and
- Portions of the International Fire Code (IFC).
Due to statutory obligations, the one exception to this message is that the 2015 IECC went into effect on August 12, 2016 as an amendment to the Eighth Edition.