Contact for Apply for a limited dental faculty license
Board of Registration in Dentistry
The Details of Apply for a limited dental faculty license
What you need for Apply for a limited dental faculty license
We must have these documents to process your application.
Proof of Graduation
- One of the following:
- An official, original copy of your transcript from your dental school, indicating your date of graduation and degree awarded
- An official, original letter from your dental school indicating your date of graduation and degree awarded
- Photocopies of transcripts or copies of diplomas are not acceptable
- If your transcript is written in a language other than English, then we require an official translation into English
- An examination and statement from your primary care provider, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant that you are medically cleared to practice dentistry. The examination must be completed within the 12 months preceding your licensure application.
Documentation of certifications
One of the following documents:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillation for the Professional Rescuer (CPR/AED)
- Current certification in the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Current certification in ACLS/PALS
Massachusetts Dental Ethics and Jurisprudence Exam
- Answer sheet only
- Request a copy here
Confirmation of Full-Time Faculty Appointment
An original letter signed by a school official on institutional stationery, including the dates of your faculty appointment
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgment Form
- This form is attached in the application
- This must be signed in person, and witnessed by either a BHPL employee at the Board's offices or a notary public
- The BPHL employee or notary public must verify your identity through acceptable identification
Letters of Standing
- Verification of professional licensure from each state or jurisdiction in which you now hold, or ever have held, a license to practice dentistry or other profession
- This letter must include the current status of the license, your license number, the official seal and signature of the jurisdiction’s licensing board, and any disciplinary action taken
- A photocopy of your out-of-state license is not acceptable
- If you have ever practiced dentistry in another jurisdiction or state, please include an up-to-date resume, curriculum vitae, or practice history
National Practitioner Data Bank Self-Query
- Attach if you have ever held a professional healthcare license in the United States
- To request a self-query please contact the Data Bank at (800) 767-6732 or go to the NPDB website
- The Data Bank will mail the report to you. We only accept an original report from NPDB.
English Language Proficiency
If your dental school curriculum was conducted in a language other than English, including textbooks:
You must attach documentation of a minimum passing score on either the TOEFL or IELTS exam
Good moral standing
If you answer "yes" to any of the moral standing questions on the application:
- Attach a separate sheet explaining the circumstances
- Also provide all relevant certified documentation (police reports, court records, disciplinary action reports, etc.) including final disposition of the matter.
A photo of yourself
You will need to attach, where indicated, a color photograph that is passport-size or larger.
You must sign the affidavit on the application and have it witnessed by a Notary Public.
Fees for Apply for a limited dental faculty license
- We accept personal checks, business checks, or money orders. Make it payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Please don't staple payment to the application
- Please don't send cash
|Dental limited license fee||$90||each|
|Handling charge for returned checks||$23||each|
How to apply Apply for a limited dental faculty license
- Download the Full-time Faculty Limited License Application, found below
- Fill out the application
- Include the fee and all attachments
- Mail completed application and all attachments to:
Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry
239 Causeway St.
Boston, MA 02114