Contact for Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
Board of Registration in Dentistry
The Details of Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
What you need for Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
Documentation of BLS certification
- Current certification in the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
Educational and training qualifications
- Completion of a course of study in the administration of local anesthesia that complies with 234 CMR 6.16 and is CODA-accredited
- Coursework in the administration of local anesthesia must be completed within 2 years of your permit application
- A passing score on the CDCA local anesthesia written exam
If you have a permit from or administered local anesthesia in another jurisdiction
If you've administered local anesthesia in another jurisdiction or have a local anesthesia permit issued by another state licensing board, you may be eligible for a permit by credentials.
In addition to the above attachments, you will need to include:
- An attestation from a dentist who supervised you administering local anesthesia within the previous 2 years
- The attestation cannot be completed by a dental hygiene school faculty member
Fees for Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
- We accept personal checks, business checks, or money orders. Make it payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Please don't staple payment to the application
- Please don't send cash
|Dental Hygienist Local Anesthesia Permit (Permit L)||$30||each|
How to apply Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
- Make sure you read the above requirements
- Download the Permit L Application to Administer Local Anesthesia application, found below
- Fill out the application
- Include all required and necessary attachments
- Mail to:
The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Dentistry
239 Causeway St
Boston, MA 02114
Next steps for Apply for a local anesthesia permit as a dental hygienist
Your permit may be used only in a dental practice possessing the appropriate Facility Permit. Only one licensed dentist at the facility is allowed to hold the facility permit (often the owner or dental director).
If you have questions, please contact the Board.