Check the status of your vehicle title
Contact for Check the status of your vehicle title
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The Details of Check the status of your vehicle title
What you need for Check the status of your vehicle title
You can obtain the following information by checking with the RMV:
- The date your certificate of title was issued.
- To whom the certificate of title was (or will be) mailed.
- The name of the lienholder, if applicable.
- If the certificate of title is an electronic title, if applicable.
To request your vehicle title status or lienholder information, you will need to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or the certificate of title number, which can be found on your vehicle registration.
How to check Check the status of your vehicle title
The easiest and quickest way to check your Massachusetts vehicle title and/or lienholder information is online. You will need your:
- Date of birth.
- Driver's license, learner's permit, or ID number.
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).
You may call the Registry of Motor Vehicles to check on the title and/or lienholder status. You will need to provide:
- VIN or the title number
- Owner name
- Vehicle registration number, if applicable