Log in links for this page
- This page, Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits, is offered by
- Department of Unemployment Assistance
Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
Contact for Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
DUA Direct Deposit Line
The Details of Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
What you need for Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
In order to set up direct deposit, you will need the following:
- Your Social Security number
- The routing number of your bank
- The account number of your checking or savings account
How to enroll Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
- Log in to your UI Online account.
- Select View and maintain account information in the left pane.
- Select Payment method options and click Edit.
- Select the Direct deposit button and click Submit.
- On the Maintain payment information screen, enter the following information:
- Select the bank account type (checking or savings)
- Enter your bank's routing number
- Click Verify to confirm your bank's name
- Enter your bank account number
- Once you have entered the information correctly, click Submit.
- Call the DUA direct deposit line at (617) 626-6570.
- Choose which language you would like to listen to the instructions in.
- Select option 1 to enter in your direct deposit information.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your 4-digit TeleCert Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN was selected at the time you filed for unemployment benefits.
- Enter the 9-digit routing number of your bank.
- Enter your bank account number followed by the pound (#) sign.
- Select the type of account: 1 for checking or 2 for savings (passbook accounts are not eligible)
- You will be asked to confirm your approval of direct deposit by certifying several statements. This completes your direct deposit enrollment process
- Wait until you hear a "Thank You" message confirming your request before hanging up.
Next steps for Set up direct deposit for your unemployment benefits
If determined eligible, you will receive your benefit payment according to the payment preference that you selected upon applying for benefits. You will receive benefits via the debit card unless you sign up for direct deposit to a checking or savings account.
Once you set up direct deposit, it will take 9 business days to verify your bank account. While your bank account is being verified, you must continue to request benefits weekly and certify your eligibility using TeleCert or UI Online. Once your claim has been approved, your benefits will be deposited into your account 2 business days after you request your weekly benefits.