Overview and Implementation Details
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, which extends benefits under the CARES Act, and provides new qualification requirements, was signed into law on March 11, 2021.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)
- As of January 6, 2021, DUA has implemented FPUC for UI claimants. The additional $300 was added to weekly benefit payments for the week ending January 2, 2021.
- PUA claimants will receive their FPUC payments beginning Monday, Jan. 11, 2021.
- These additional benefits will continue until the week ending on September 4, 2021.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- DUA has implemented the extended PUA program and benefits are available until the week ending September 4, 2021.
- PUA claimants may now receive up to 79 weeks of benefits.
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- The extended PEUC program (PEUC 1.1) has now been implemented in UI Online. Claimants may now receive up to 53 weeks of PEUC in total.
- Claimants need to request PEUC benefit weeks through UI Online.
- The PEUC program will conclude the week ending September 4, 2021.
Extended Benefits (EB)
- Extended Benefits (EB) will remain active due to continued federal funding until conditions for the 13-week entitlement “trigger off.” Eligible claimants are receiving their weekly benefits.
- Claimants who exhaust EB need just continue certifying for benefits and will automatically transition on to PEUC 1.1.
Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC)
- The Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) program was created as part of the Continued Assistance Act to assist workers who qualified for traditional unemployment, but also had income from self-employment or gig work that is not included in the calculation of their regular unemployment benefits.
- MEUC applies only to traditional unemployment claimants. Claimants who receive Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are ineligible for MEUC.
- You must be receiving an unemployment benefit from traditional unemployment, including Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PEUC) and Extended Benefits (EB). Claimants who are receiving benefits from Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are not eligible for MEUC.
- You must be receiving an unemployment benefit for claims week(s) covered by the MEUC program, which are the weeks ending Jan. 2, 2021 through Sept. 4, 2021.
- You must have earned at least $5,000 in net self-employment income in the most recent taxable year prior to your application for regular unemployment compensation.
- You must apply and submit documentation which clearly shows $5,000 net income.
Summary of Programs
As a reminder, among the changes contained in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 are:
|American Rescue Plan Act of 2021||Program Summary - Extends CARES Act programs to week ending 9/4/2021|
|Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)||
|Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)||
|Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)||
|Extended Benefits (EB)||
|Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC)||
Open 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. Multilingual call agents are available.
To request weekly benefits, daily 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
To check your claim or benefit payment status (*please do not transfer to an agent while in the system-this is not staffed at this time)