A customized community data report provides access to weekly vaccination and COVID-19 incidence rates compared to the overall statewide rates. These data serve as benchmarks for the 20 prioritized communities in the Vaccine Equity Initiative (VEI).
These data can help the 20 VEI communities to direct resources toward identified gaps to achieve the equity benchmarks in each community overall and for population subgroups defined by race/ ethnicity, sex and age. The data report, posted on Fridays, highlights rates that meet or exceed the statewide vaccination average so the 20 VEI communities can see where additional outreach/vaccine should be prioritized.
Progress towards equity can be demonstrated when there is an increase in:
- The number of 20 VEI communities that received a First Dose or have been Fully Vaccinated – overall and within different race, sex and age groups – that meet or exceed the statewide rate.
- The decrease in COVID-19 Incidence rates in the 20 VEI communities as listed on the weekly COVID-19 statewide public health report.
Please Read: Important Information About The Data Dashboard
The definition on this dashboards are based on the updated recommendation of the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on May 16th.
The VEI dashboard is a resource to support communities across Massachusetts in their understanding of COVID-19 vaccination information within their communities. Official COVID-19 Vaccination information can be found on mass.gov.
The VEI dashboard includes vaccination information only for individuals with a Massachusetts address who received a COVID-19 vaccination from a provider within Massachusetts. Find information regarding all COVID-19 vaccinations within Massachusetts communities.
- For example, the VEI Dashboard will not include individuals that don’t have a Massachusetts town listed at the time of vaccination (e.g., a Connecticut resident who was vaccinated in Massachusetts)
- The VEI Dashboard does not include vaccinations for individuals who received a dose outside of Massachusetts (e.g., someone reported to a Massachusetts provider that they were vaccinated a year ago in New York)
- Please be aware that individuals within communities near border states may be underrepresented in this dashboard as they may be more likely to receive a vaccination outside of Massachusetts.
COVID-19 Vaccine Equity Initiative Data Dashboard
Updated weekly, on Friday afternoons
If you are having difficulty viewing the dashboard on a mobile or tablet device, you can view the full screen size or access information for keyboard and assistive technology users. To learn more about navigating the dashboard, download the VEI Interactive Dashboard Guide PDF | Doc
COVID-19 Community Impact survey
DPH and stakeholders conducted the COVID-19 Community Impact Survey (CCIS) in the fall of 2020 to better understand the social and economic consequences facing Massachusetts communities due to the pandemic, to help prioritize resources. For more information, visit mass.gov/covidsurvey.