Log in links for this page

Do I get a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)?

Find out who is entitle to receive COLAs.

Table of Contents

Am I eligible to get a Cost of Living Adjustment?

You ARE eligible for a COLA increase if you are:

  • Collecting permanent and total disability benefits and your injury was more than 2 years ago; OR
  • You were injured prior to December 23, 1991 and are collecting partial disability benefits

You are NOT eligible if:

  • You are collecting temporary total benefits.

You don't need to apply for COLA benefits as the insurance company should automatically pay you if you're eligible. The amount of the increase is determined annually and goes into effect on October 1st of each year. If you are collecting Social Security Disability, your COLA may be lower so as not to reduce your social security disability benefits. Please contact your workers' compensation insurance company paying your claim to answer questions about your payments.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.