What you need to know
Before filing, you can learn more about the advantages of filing online. Electronic filing is the fastest way to get your refund. If you file online, you can expect to receive your refund within 2 weeks. If filing on paper, you should receive your refund within 6 weeks.
These forms are subject to change only by federal or state legislative action.
All printable Massachusetts personal income tax forms are in PDF format. To read them, you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have any suggestions or comments on how to improve these forms, contact the Forms Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAFT 2020 Massachusetts Personal Income tax forms and instructions
Health Care forms and instructions
Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms, including amended returns
- Form 1 or a Form 1-NR/PY:
- Refund: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7000, Boston, MA 02204
- Payment: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7003, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 1-ES: Mass. DOR, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form 2: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7018, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 2G: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 2-ES: Mass. DOR, PO Box 419544, Boston, MA 02241-9544
- Form 3: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form M-4868 - Income Tax Extension: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7062, Boston, MA 02204
- Form M-8736 - Fiduciary Extension: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7062, Boston, MA 02204
- Change of Address Form: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7011, Boston, MA 02204
Visit Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms for other form addresses.
Prior year forms and instructions
Make your estimated tax payment online through MassTaxConnect. It’s fast, easy and secure.
- DRAFT Form 1-ES, 2021 Estimated Income Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets
- DRAFT Form 2-ES, 2021 Estimated Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets for Filers of Forms 2 or 2G
- DRAFT Form UBI-ES, 2021 Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for filers of Forms 3M, M-990T and M-990T-62
Income and Fiduciary Vouchers – these estimated tax payment vouchers provide a means for paying any taxes due on income which is not subject to withholding. This is to ensure that taxpayers are able to meet the statutory requirement that taxes due are paid periodically as income is received during the year. Generally, you must make estimated tax payments if you expect to owe more than $400 in taxes on income not subject to withholding. Learn more.
Learn about E-Filing options
Electronic filing is the fastest way to get your refund. You may qualify to file online for free. Learn more.
Massachusetts free fillable forms program
Instructions for the Massachusetts free fillable forms program are available.
Please note, this program is only available to full-year residents.
Learn about extensions for filing and paying Massachusetts income tax
You may be able to apply for an extension if you're not ready to file your Massachusetts income tax by the due date. Learn more.
Nonresident Composite forms
Office of Disability and Equal Opportunity, PO Box 9557
Boston, MA 02114