Some historic probate records are available online on familysearch.org or americanancestors.org. Both are free once you create an account.
If the historic probate record you're looking for isn't available online, please fill out and submit the Court Archives Information Request Form or contact the Probate and Family Court division the case was filed in and ask the court to retrieve the record from the archives.
Records from 2009 - present
For records of estate cases from 2009 through 2021 from any county, you can search for the record on masscourts.org. If you can’t find the record you’re looking for there, please contact your local Probate & Family Court.
- Get access to historic probate records
- How to find the historic court record you're looking for
- Get a copy of a will
- Request court archives information
- Learn about the court archives
- Search Court Dockets, Calendars and Case Information
- Find out which historic naturalization records are available online