Looking for a ride in Massachusetts? Transportation services for seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, commuters, and others may be available in your community.
Tools to find options
- Start with Ride Match, an online, searchable database of transportation options in Massachusetts.
- Looking for directions by bus or subway? Use Google Transit. Enter your starting place and where you want to go. Once you search, you can also specify what time you want to leave or arrive. You can also go to Google Maps just as you would for driving directions, but hit the train icon to get transit directions.
Ask a local expert
Local officials and organizations may be able to help you:
- Your local transit authority
- Your City Hall or Town Hall – check with the Council on Aging, veterans services, transportation departments, disability services, or constituent services
- Other service providers – if you receive state or federal benefits or participate in social service programs, ask if program staff have information about transportation options, or if the program has any funding to help you cover costs. If you are eligible for MassHealth and have no other way to get to medical appointments, ask your doctor to request transportation for you.