Request transportation for a member
MassHealth Customer Service for Providers
The Details of Request transportation for a member
What you need for Request transportation for a member
To request transportation for a member, you will need a Customer Service Web Portal Account.
If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete the Provider Request for Transportation form (PT-1), you will also need
- Your provider number
- The MassHealth ID number of the member needing transportation
- The address where the member will be picked up, if different from the home address
You may need additional information as well.
Please note: You will have to contact a fee-for-service transportation provider for MassHealth members who need the following kinds of nonemergency transportation:
- Wheelchair van for members in an institutional setting
- Wheelchair van for members in the community who need help getting out of their home or getting into the van
- Wheelchair van for members who are discharged from an inpatient psychiatric hospital to a behavioral health program in the community and who need to be supervised when PT-1 isn't available or appropriate
- Nonemergency ambulance for members, wherever they live.
When asking for such transportation, you will need to complete the MassHealth Medical Necessity Form attesting to the member's condition and need for the requested transportation.
Call the Mass Customer Service Center at (800) 841-2900 for a list of wheelchair van and ambulance providers.
How to request Request transportation for a member
- Login to your Customer Service Web Account.
- On the right hand menu, click PT-1 Request Management.
- Click Create New PT-1.
- Follow the instructions and fill out the form.
Next steps for Request transportation for a member
Once the member receives approval for transportation, MassHealth assigns a transportation broker for the member. A broker is a regional transit authority. Only the broker can arrange rides. After transportation is set up for the first time, the broker will send the member a welcome letter with more information, including full contact information.
Downloads for Request transportation for a member
Contact for Request transportation for a member
Open Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.