The DUA ReliaCard® is a safe and secure method of receiving your Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. You will receive benefits via the debit card unless you sign up for direct deposit to a checking or savings account. Keep in mind your first benefit payment will always be a paper check. For security, your debit card will be mailed to the address you have on file in an unmarked envelope.
The ReliaCard is issued by U.S. Bank National Association pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. © 2022 U.S. Bank. Member FDIC.
What you can do with your ReliaCard®
With the ReliaCard®, you can:
- Get quicker access to your benefits.
- Avoid overdraft fees.
- Make purchases* everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, including:
- In stores
- By phone
- Get cash back with your purchase at many grocery and convenience stores at no charge.
* See fee schedule for details.
Using your ReliaCard®
After you receive your ReliaCard®, you must activate it immediately by doing the following:
- Visit usbankreliacard.com to activate the card and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When prompted, create a 4 digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use at ATMs.
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you activate it.
- Your debit card is valid for 3 years after activation. Keep it in a secure location even after you stop claiming benefits. If you need to reopen or file a new claim, your benefits will be deposited on the same card.
U.S. Bank customer service
U.S. Bank provides 24/7 customer service for any questions about your DUA ReliaCard debit card. To contact customer service, select one of the methods below:
Contact for Learn about the U.S. Bank ReliaCard®, the DUA debit card
Open 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. Multilingual call agents are available.
To request weekly benefits, daily 6 a.m.–10 p.m.
To check your claim or benefit payment status (*please do not transfer to an agent while in the system-this is not staffed at this time)