What you need to know
Before filing, you can learn more about the advantages of filing online. Electronic filing is the fastest way to get your refund. If you file online, you can expect to receive your refund within 2 weeks. If filing on paper, you should receive your refund within 6 weeks.
These forms are subject to change only by federal or state legislative action.
All printable Massachusetts personal income tax forms are in PDF format. To read them, you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have any suggestions or comments on how to improve these forms, contact the Forms Manager at email@example.com.
If you need information about the most common differences between the federal and Massachusetts state tax treatment of personal income, please visit our overview page.
2022 Massachusetts Personal Income tax forms & instructions
Health Care forms & instructions
Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms
- Form 1 or Form 1-NR/PY:
- Refund: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7000, Boston, MA 02204
- Payment: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7003, Boston, MA 02204
Note: If you are using a courier service such as FedEx or DHL, please send your Form 1 or Form 1-NR/PY (with or without payments) to:
- Massachusetts DOR
200 Arlington Street
Chelsea, MA 02150
- Form 1-ES: Mass. DOR, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form M-4868: Mass. DOR, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form PV: Mass. DOR, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form 1 or Form 1-NR/PY:
Mass. DOR, PO Box 7000, Boston, MA 02204-7000
Note: Your amended return must include a completed Form 1 or Form 1-NR/PY and all schedules filed with the original return, even if there are no changes.
Go to Mailing Addresses for Massachusetts Tax Forms for Fiduciary and other addresses.
Prior year forms & instructions
Make your estimated tax payment online through MassTaxConnect. It’s fast, easy and secure.
- Form 1-ES, 2023 Estimated Income Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets
- Form 2-ES, 2023 Estimated Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets for Filers of Forms 2 or 2G
Income and Fiduciary Vouchers – these estimated tax payment vouchers provide a means for paying any taxes due on income which is not subject to withholding. This is to ensure that taxpayers are able to meet the statutory requirement that taxes due are paid periodically as income is received during the year. Generally, you must make estimated tax payments if you expect to owe more than $400 in taxes on income not subject to withholding. Learn more.
Learn about E-Filing options
Electronic filing is the fastest way to get your refund. You may qualify to file online for free. Go to E-file and Pay Your MA Personal Income Taxes for more information.
Learn about extensions for filing & paying Massachusetts income tax
You may be able to apply for an extension if you're not ready to file your Massachusetts income tax by the due date. To learn more, go to File an extension for filing Massachusetts Personal Income or Fiduciary tax.
Nonresident Composite forms
9 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Problem Resolution Office P.O. Box 9552
Boston, MA 02114
- DOR tax forms and instructions
- Current Tax Filing Season Overview
- Personal income tax information
- Check the Status of Your MA Income Tax Refund
- Differences Between MA and Federal Tax Law For Personal Income
- IRS Forms, Instructions & Publications (Including Form W-4)
- Set up a payment agreement
- Amend a Massachusetts Individual or Business Tax Return
- Request copies of previously filed tax returns and other taxpayer-specific records from DOR
- Power of Attorney (POA) and Third-Party Authorization