This form will not open in Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to open this form.
This form is also available in Portuguese and Spanish.
Additional forms that may be needed
Anyone filing for a 1B divorce will also need to file:
- A certified copy of your marriage certificate, which you can get from the Registry of Vital Records or your city or town
- Record of Absolute Divorce (R-408) from the Registry of Vital Records
- A financial statement from each spouse. In a contested divorce, either party can request that the other submits a signed, current financial statement to the court with a copy to the requesting party within 10 days by making a separate request titled "Request for a Financial Statement." You can't make a further request for the financial statement within 90 days of the original request except by order of the court.
For more information on other forms you may need to file, please see Get a no-fault 1B divorce.
Most users should use Complaint for Divorce (under G.L. c. 208, § 1B) (CJD-101B).
If you need to save a partially filled-out form, you may choose to use either the alternative or eFiling alternative form:
- Alternative Complaint for Divorce (under G.L. c. 208, § 1B) (CJD-101B)
- Alternative Complaint for divorce (under G.L. c. 208, § 1B), for eFiling
This version of the form allows you to save a partially filled-out form to finish later or for re-use. This form will not open in most browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.). It must be downloaded and opened with Adobe Acrobat on your computer.
For instructions on how to open, see What to do if you can't open court PDFs.