Probate and Family Court forms for divorce

A collection of court forms related to divorce, including complaint forms, joint petition forms, answer and counterclaim forms, and more.

Divorce is the legal process you follow to end your marriage.

These forms may not display properly in your browser. Please download the form(s) you need and open in Acrobat Reader. For more information, please see What to do if you can't open court PDFs.

Please note that there isn't a form for a Separation Agreement. A Separation Agreement is a written contract that you write with your spouse that spells out how you’re going to divide your property, child custody, child support, spousal support, visitation, and any other issues relevant to your divorce. 

Table of Contents

Divorce or Annulment, Certification Vital Statistics (R-408)

Complaint for Divorce

Joint Petition for Divorce under G.L. c.208, Section 1A

Complaint for Divorce under G.L. c.208, Section 1B

Answer to Complaint for Divorce

Counterclaim for Divorce

Complaint for Separate Support

Complaint for Support Pursuant to G.L. c.209

Affidavit of irretrievable breakdown

Additional forms and documents you may need



(617) 788-8995

Pleadings should be sent directly to the divisions, not to the Administrative Office.


Administrative Office
3 Center Plaza
Suite 210
Boston, MA 02108

Help Us Improve with your feedback