Probate and Family Court Petition to Change Name of Minor (CJP 25)

Use to request a change of name for a minor under the age of 18.

Table of Contents



Translated forms

Additional forms that may be needed

You may also need to file:

Alternative form

Most users should use Petition to Change Name of Minor (CJP 25).

If you need to save a partially filled-out form, you may choose to use the Alternative Form.

Alternative Petition to Change Name of Minor (CJP 25)

This version of the form allows you to save a partially filled-out form to finish later or for re-use. This form must be downloaded and opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.

For instructions on how to open, see What to do if you can't open court PDFs.

For more information or assistance

For assistance, please email