This form is also available in Portuguese and Spanish.
Additional forms that may be needed
You may also need to file:
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate (long-form). This is available from the Registry of Vital Records or from the city or town where the child was born. Birth certificates that aren’t written in English must include a translated copy signed by a professional interpreter.
- A Court Activity Record Information (CARI) and Warrant Management System (WMS) Release Request form (CJP 34) for anyone 12 or older.
- A certified copy of any prior name change (i.e. the court order that changed the name)
- The child’s notarized approval if they are 12 or older
- The death certificate of any deceased parent or guardian
- Affidavit Disclosing Care or Custody Proceedings form
Most users should use Petition to Change Name of Minor (CJP 25).
If you need to save a partially filled-out form, you may choose to use the Alternative Form.
This version of the form allows you to save a partially filled-out form to finish later or for re-use. This form must be downloaded and opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
For instructions on how to open, see What to do if you can't open court PDFs.
For more information or assistance
For assistance, please email email@example.com.