Positive for COVID-19? Get treatment, right away.
- This page, Treatments for COVID-19, is offered by
- Department of Public Health
Treatments for COVID-19
Free treatments for COVID-19 can help prevent hospitalization and reduce your chance for severe disease.
Table of Contents
How to access therapeutic treatments
Call your doctor right away to learn about your treatment options if you are positive for COVID-19, OR
- Telehealth is available for individuals 18 or older living in Massachusetts. Learn more at mass.gov/CovidTelehealth. This is a quick and easy way to see if Paxlovid is right for you. If it is, we’ll arrange for you to pick it up at your local pharmacy or ship it with free overnight delivery.
- An FDA-approved antiviral IV therapy and oral antivirals are available through state-sponsored sites across the Commonwealth. Find a location near you on our website. You can also access a state-sponsored treatment site by calling 508-213-1380. The call line hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm.
- You may qualify for our in-home treatment program. Visit mass.gov/InHomeCovidTreatments to learn more about eligibility.
View a map of locations offering antiviral pills and monoclonal antibody treatment: MA COVID-19 Therapeutic Locator
Treatment is available for people who are at increased risk of severe disease* and have developed COVID-19 symptoms in the last 5 days, even mild ones (such as runny nose or cough). The sooner you start treatment, the better.
Available therapeutic treatments
COVID-19 therapeutic treatments, including an FDA-approved antiviral IV therapy and oral antivirals, can help lower the amount of virus in your body, protecting you from severe symptoms.
- Paxlovid (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill for individuals age 12 and older. A free telehealth service is available to help you find out if it is right for you.
- Molnupiravir (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill that reduces the COVID-19 virus’ ability to multiply in the body.
- Remdesivir (must be given within 7 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral infusion medication administered over the course of 3 days for individuals who have mild-to-moderate COVID-19 and are at high risk for severe COVID-19.