Positive for COVID-19? Get treatment, right away.
- This page, Treatments for COVID-19, is offered by
- Department of Public Health
Treatments for COVID-19
Free treatments for COVID-19 can help prevent hospitalization and reduce your chance for severe disease.
Table of Contents
Available therapeutic treatments
COVID-19 therapeutic treatments, including monoclonal antibodies and antivirals, can help lower the amount of virus in your body, protecting you from severe symptoms.
- Paxlovid (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill for individuals age 12 and older. A free telehealth service is available to help you find out if it is right for you.
- Molnupiravir (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill that reduces the COVID-19 virus’ ability to multiply in the body.
- Remdesivir (must be given within 7 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral infusion medication administered over the course of 3 days for individuals who have mild-to-moderate COVID-19 and are at high risk for severe COVID-19.
- Bebtelovimab (must be administered within 7 days of first symptom) is a monoclonal antibody infusion therapy for individuals who have mild-to-moderate symptoms and are not hospitalized.
How to access therapeutic treatments
Call your doctor right away to learn about your treatment options if you are positive for COVID-19, OR
- Telehealth is available for individuals 18 or older living in Massachusetts. Learn more at mass.gov/CovidTelehealth. This is a quick and easy way to see if Paxlovid is right for you. If it is, we’ll arrange for you to pick it up at your local pharmacy or ship it with free overnight delivery.
- Anti-SARS-CoV2 monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals are available through state-funded sites across the Commonwealth. Click here to find a location near you.
- You may qualify for our in-home treatment program. Visit mass.gov/InHomeCovidTreatments to learn more about eligibility.
View a map of locations offering antiviral pills and monoclonal antibody treatment: MA COVID-19 Therapeutic Locator
Available preventative treatment
A preventive medication called Evusheld is used before someone at higher risk gets COVID-19. Evusheld is not for the treatment of COVID-19 symptoms. It is given to someone before they have been exposed.