Mortgage Lending and Foreclosures

Find information and answers to frequently asked questions from the Attorney General's Office. If you are having an issue with your mortgage lender you can file a complaint with our Consumer Advocacy and Response Division.

Understanding mortgage lending and the foreclosure process can be difficult, but the Attorney General’s Office can help. If you have questions about foreclosures, loan modifications, or mortgage lending, the Attorney General's Office may be able to help answer them. Below are informational pages on many steps of the mortgage process. If you are having a consumer issue related to your mortgage, please contact our Consumer Advocacy and Response Division at 617-727-8400.

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.