Families expecting a child, or families with young children, may be eligible to receive visits in their homes from a trained family support specialist, often called a home visitor. MHVI provides services to parents and primary caregivers such as grandparents, adoptive, and foster parents. MHVI visits are free and voluntary.
- Strengthen and improve the programs and activities delivered by the Title V Maternal and child Health Block Grant
- Improve coordination in early childhood systems of care in Massachusetts
- Expand evidence-based home visiting services and improve coordination of services for families in priority communities
All MHVI programs
- Address the parent’s and the child’s health, positive parenting, child development, school readiness and injury prevention.
- Provide referrals to a variety of resources and services.
- Introduce parents to education and employment opportunities.
- Offer parenting and support groups including fathers’ groups.