The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) and Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) are responsible for managing the transportation assets that allow the state’s economy and its people to flourish. The responsibilities include:
For this to happen long-term goals for transit and sustainability must be identified. These investments are funded through the 2019-2023 Capital Investment Program (CIP) Update, which uses state and federal funds to pay for long-term improvements to the transportation system.
Please visit the 2019-2023 Capital Investment Program (CIP) Update for more information.
CIP Public Meeting Schedule
• BOSTON - Tuesday, May 21st – 6:30pm
Transportation Building - 10 Park Plaza Board Room
* This meeting will be streamed live and recorded for future viewing
• DANVERS - Tuesday, May 21st – 6:00pm
Danvers Senior Center
25 Stone St.
• FALMOUTH - Wednesday, May 22nd – 6:30pm
Falmouth Library (Hermann Foundation Room)
300 Main St.
• BRAINTREE - Thursday, May 23rd – 6:30pm
Thayer Public Library
798 Washington St.
• FALL RIVER - Thursday, May 23rd – 6:30pm
Fall River Library (Large meeting room)
104 North Main St.
• PITTSFIELD - Tuesday, May 28th – 6:00pm
Berkshire Regional Planning Commission
1 Fenn St, #201
• NATICK - Wednesday, May 29th – 6:30pm
Natick Town Hall (Selectmen Room)
13 East Central St.
• LOWELL - Thursday, May 30th – 6:30pm
Pollard Library (Community Meeting Room)
401 Merrimack St.
• LEOMINSTER - Monday, June 3rd – 6:30pm
Leominster City Hall (Auditorium)
25 West St.
• ROXBURY - Tuesday, June 4th – 6:30pm
Bolling Municipal Building
2300 Washington St.
• WORCESTER - Wednesday, June 5th – 6:30pm
Worcester City Hall (South Meeting Room)
455 Main St.
• SPRINGFIELD - Thursday, June 6th – 6:00pm
Springfield Library (Mason Square Branch)
765 State St.
The 2020 – 2024 CIP is currently under development. To join the CIP mailing list, please email MassCIP@dot.state.ma.us. To view a table of public comments and MassDOT responses from the 2019 – 2023 CIP, please click the link below.