The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) are responsible for managing the transportation assets that allow the state’s economy and its people to flourish. The responsibilities include:
- Capital Maintenance
These investments are funded through the Capital Investment Plan (CIP), which programs state and federal funds to pay for long-term improvements to the transportation system. The CIP is usually a five-year plan that is updated annually. However, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s CIP is a one-year plan for 2021. The 2021 CIP will focus on maintaining the safety and reliability of our transportation network and investments that are currently underway or are planned to start in 2021.
- 2021 Capital Investment Program (CIP) (Story Map)
- 2021 Capital Investment Program (CIP) (PDF)
- 2021 Capital Investment Program Appendix A (PDF)
- 2021 Capital Investment Program Appendix B (PDF)
- 2021 Capital Investment Program with Appendices (PDF)