Most COASTSWEEP cleanups are held in September and October, with a few in late August and into November. In August, the list of available cleanups is posted below and updated every week through November.
Links to Cleanup Lists - Volunteer for these Cleanups
Click on a link below to find a public cleanup in your area (all PDF files). Please be sure to contact the coordinator to let him or her know you are coming. (Note: Private cleanups that do not seek additional volunteers are also held as part of COASTSWEEP. See the Private COASTSWEEP Cleanup List.)
- North Shore (Salisbury to Revere)
- Boston Harbor (Winthrop to Weymouth)
- South Shore (Hingham to Plymouth)
- Cape Cod (Bourne to Provincetown)
- Islands (Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and the Elizabeth Islands) There are no public cleanups scheduled at this time. Please check back later.
- South Coastal (Wareham to Seekonk)
- Inland Cleanups - Cleanups of rivers, ponds, and lakes that are not on the coast
- Underwater Cleanups - There are no public cleanups scheduled at this time. Please check back later.
- Statewide List of Cleanups Seeking Volunteers
Become a Cleanup Coordinator
Don't see a cleanup in your community? Sign up to be a cleanup coordinator. See Information for Cleanup Coordinators for details.
Get Data and Information
Check out the Summaries of Annual Cleanups for links to an overview and statistics from past years of COASTSWEEP cleanups.
To learn about what marine debris is and how to reduce it, see More on Marine Debris.
And see the COASTSWEEP Contact Information for a staff list and contact details.