COASTSWEEP is part of the Ocean Conservancy's International Coastal Cleanup. Volunteers from all over the world collect marine debris (trash, fishing line, and any other human-made items) and record what they find to help build solutions to this problem.
Cleanups are held throughout September, October, and into November—and with more than 1,500 miles of shoreline in Massachusetts, COASTSWEEP needs your help!
Links to Cleanup Lists
Click on a link below to find a cleanup in your area (all PDF files). Please be sure to contact the coordinator to let him or her know you are coming. Note: Additional private cleanups are held as part of COASTSWEEP. See Private COASTSWEEP Cleanup List.
- North Shore (Salisbury to Revere)
- Boston Harbor (Winthrop to Weymouth)
- South Shore (Hingham to Plymouth)
- Cape Cod (Bourne to Provincetown)
- Islands (Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and the Elizabeth Islands)
- South Coastal (Wareham to Seekonk)
- Inland Cleanups - Cleanups of rivers, ponds, and lakes that are not on the coast.
- Underwater Cleanups - There are no public cleanups scheduled at this time. Please check back later.
- Statewide List of Cleanups Seeking Volunteers
Check out the Summaries of Annual Cleanups for links to an overview and summary statistics from past years of COASTSWEEP cleanups.
Don't see a cleanup in your community? Sign up now to be a cleanup coordinator. For more information on becoming a cleanup coordinator or a COASTSWEEP sponsor, as well as what you will do as a cleanup volunteer, check out Become a COASTSWEEP Cleanup Coordinator, Volunteer, or Sponsor.
For a full list of all of the information available on the COASTSWEEP website, see Overview and Index.