Log in links for this page


HomeBASE is the Commonwealth’s re-housing benefit created to provide families who are in the emergency shelter assistance system an opportunity to overcome some of the financial barriers to ending their homelessness.

HomeBASE can provide funds for:

  • first and last month's rent and security deposit in a new home,
  • furniture
  • a monthly stipend to help pay rent for up to one year
  • utilities
  • travel costs
  • many other expenses that would otherwise prevent a family from accessing a new home.

The amount and type of assistance is based on a family’s needs, which will be determined through an assessment.

HomeBASE additionally provides a designated stabilization worker for each family to help access community supports and offer resources to resolve issues that may arise, including tenancy-related issues. Families enjoy the support of a case manager and may access agency resources such as:

  • Education
  • Workforce development
  • Child care
  • Other support to ensure they succeed as new tenants

Who Is Eligible for HomeBASE?

  • Families deemed eligible for Emergency Assistance (EA) Shelter by an Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC) Homeless Coordinator can access HomeBASE. Eligible families must meet income and other standards that includes providing documentation on the reasons for homelessness.
  • Families residing in non-EA domestic violence shelters and residential use treatment programs may also be eligible to access HomeBASE. Families in these programs who are interested in HomeBASE should ask staff at their shelter or residential program about a referral.

If you are in a housing crisis and need help and/or want to know more about the HomeBASE Program, please call:

  • Housing Consumer Education Centers:
  • EOHLC Division of Housing Stabilization: 1-866-584-0653, or
  • Dial 211 for general information about programs in your area that may be able to help you, or visit Mass211.org


Una versión en español de este documento está disponible a través de su proveedor o su coordinador de personas sin hogar si usted lo solicita.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov with your feedback