The State Organization Index provides an alphabetical listing of government organizations, including commissions, departments, and bureaus.
Top-requested sites to log in to services provided by the state
Massachusetts General Laws, 6,§108
940 CMR 10.00 - Manufactured Housing Community Regulations
The Attorney General's Guide to Manufactured Housing Community Law
The Manufactured Homes Commission meets four times each year at various locations throughout the Commonwealth in order to address problems and concerns of both community owners and residents. The meetings are open to the public.
Peabody: October 2017
Northampton: July 2016
Chicopee: April 2016
Taunton: January 2016
Peabody: October 2015
Taunton: July 2015
Chicopee: April 2015
Taunton: January 2015
Peabody: October 2014
Pittsfield: July 2014
Chicopee: April 2014
Taunton: January 2014
Peabody: October 2013
It is the mission of the Manufactured Homes Commission (Commission) to provide prompt, impartial service to all parties affected by or concerned with matters pertaining to manufactured housing communities, to the maximum extent permitted by law. In the implementation of its Mission, the Commission:
1. Shall identify issues pertaining to manufactured housing communities, the owners of such communities, and the owners of manufactured homes and make recommendations to deal with these issues;
2. May receive complaints from owners of manufactured housing communities and manufactured homes owners, and if appropriate, make recommendations for resolution;
3. May develop, with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), proposals for specific zoning standards to be applicable to new manufactured housing communities in order to ensure that all such new communities are well designed, attractive, and suited to the needs of manufactured home owners;
4. May formulate, with the DHCD, proposals for local taxation of manufactured homes and home sites so that municipal tax revenues meet the cost of hosting a manufactured housing community; and
5. Shall file an annual report with the Governor, the General Court, the Attorney General, and the DHCD, about the Commission's activities and recommendations, if any, with drafts of legislation required to effect such recommendations.
Manufactured Homes Commission By Laws - approved March 10, 2014
The Commission is comprised of five (5) members who are appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Council. The Commission must include at least one resident of a manufactured housing community and one community owner. Not more than three (3) members shall be of the same political party. The Commission presently consists of five (5) members: two park residents, two park owners, and one state representative. Representatives of the Attorney General's Office and the DHCD are ex-officio members.
Nancy Fallon, Vice Chair
Jeffery Hallahan, Commissioner
Carl Zack, Commissioner
Sherri Sore, Secretary
Daniel Less, Esq. The Attorney General Office
Ryan Ambrose, Policy Development Manager and Legislative Liaison, Department of Housing and Community Development
Manufactured Home Communities in Massachusetts
Commission Annual Reports
Annual Report 2008
Annual Report 2007
Annual Report 2006
Annual Report 2005
Massachusetts Manufactured Housing Association, Inc. (MMHA) is a statewide organization formed by community owner/operators, which addresses owner/operators' concerns about issues affecting manufactured housing communities.
Mary McBrady, Executive Director
P.O. Box 73
Halifax, MA 02338
Manufactured Home Federation of Massachusetts, Inc.(MHM) is a statewide association of manufactured housing residents, which addresses residents' concerns about issues affecting manufactured housing communities.
Sandy Overlook, MHM Secretary (413) 663-3305
Mike Bingle, MHM Treasurer (413)589-9825
Please send all questions, comments, and submissions, including notices, affidavits of compliance, and rules proposals, to:
Christopher Jee, Esq.
Office of the Chief Counsel
Department of Housing and Community Development
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 300
Boston, MA 02114