Find details on this grant program. Learn what types of projects are eligible, and figure out if your organization is eligible to apply.
The Federal Land & Water Conservation Fund provides up to 50% of the total project cost for the acquisition, development, and renovation of:
- Conservation areas
The National Park Service requires the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to complete a Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan every five years to remain eligible for funding from the Land and Water Conservation Fund grant program. Since the program was established in 1965, more than $100,000,000 has been awarded to every county in the state for the acquisition of conservation or park land, development of new parks, the renovation of existing parks, or trail development.
Eligible projects include:
- Acquisition of parkland or conservation land
- Creation of new parks
- Renovations to existing parks
- Development of trails
Eligible applicants include:
- Municipalities that have an up-to-date Open Space and Recreation Plan
- Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Department of Fish and Game
- Massachusetts federally recognized tribes (Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe and Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head - Aquinnah)