Requesting EEC grant funds

Grantees must submit a Request for Funds Form (RFF) when seeking a payment.

Request funds for all grants and fund 262 without a Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System (MTRS) Payment

If you are seeking a payment, you must submit a Request for Funds Form (RFF). We ask that you submit RFFs bi-monthly (every two months) to ensure there are no added delays. You must complete and mail your first RFF with the original grant application packet. The first two RFFs should each be for one sixth of your contract total. The process to determine your first two (2) bi-monthly payment requests for your grant (not including 262 Early Childhood Special Education Allocation Grant) is as follows:

  1. Count the number of months from the date of your contract to June 30, 2018. Example: Your grant begins July 1st and ends June 30th. Therefore, you would request (6) bi-monthly payments within the fiscal year.
  2. Divide the total amount to be paid by 6 to calculate your bi-monthly payment amount. Example: Your grant begins on July 1st and the maximum obligation of your grant is $90,000. Your bi-monthly request amount is $15,000.

All subsequent RFFs should be for actual costs incurred keeping in mind that the unexpended balance of funds already received must not exceed 20%. For example, if you have already received $30,000 in your first two one-sixth payments, you can request an RFF for actual costs minus $6,000 (20% of the funds received to date).

Additional Resources for Request funds for all grants and fund 262 without a Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System (MTRS) Payment

Requesting funds for fund code 262 with Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System (MTRS)

MTRS is 9% of eligible salaries.  EEC will send 80% of the amount budgeted on the Mass Teachers' Retirement (MTRS) line to the Mass Teachers’ Retirement Board (MTRB).  You are required to send the remaining 20% directly to the MTRB. 

  1. Determine total amount of funds to request.  Subtract 80% of the funds assigned to MTRS from your Total Amount Requested in “SFY18 Column A”. You will not be able to request the MTRS funds as they are paid directly to MTRB by EEC. By subtracting the 80% this will give you the total dollar amount to be requested for reimbursement and paid directly to your School District for activities conducted from grant start date through June 30, 2018. 
  2. Count the number of months. For School Districts with an Approved Start Date of September 1, 2017 thru June 30, 2018, the budget is equal to 10 months.  Depending on the start date of your grant, the duration could be less but the grant always ends June 30.
  3. Divide the total amount to be paid by 5 to calculate your bi-monthly payment amount. (For School Districts with an approved start date of September 1, 2017, this is equal to 5 months.)
  4. When you have funds assigned to “Column B SFY19”, this amount should be requested as a separate Request for funds. Please submit this request in July 2018. 
     

Feedback

Did you find what you were looking for on this webpage? * required
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate the contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate the contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.

If you need to report child abuse, any other kind of abuse, or need urgent assistance, please click here.

Feedback