Boating can be fun and exciting, and taking appropriate safety measures will ensure that everyone has safe and relaxing time.
- Learn how to swim and boating safety skills
- Make sure everyone wears a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket
- Know the weather conditions and never swim or boat in an area with strong moving currents in the water
- Never operate a boat while drinking alcohol or using drugs before and while swimming, boating, or supervising children
- Tell a family member or friend your boating trip plan in case of emergency. Tell them who is going on the boat, where you are going, and how long you will be gone.
- For more information, visit the National Safe Boating Council