Program and Guidance Documents and Links
The following documents are provided by the Massachusetts Clean Water Trust (the Trust), Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP), and Operational Services Division (OSD) to provide additional detail about the SWIG program, its requirements, and technical guidance related to point-of-use fixtures.
SWIG Program Documents
- SWIG Program Description
- SWIG Detailed Application Instructions
- SWIG Fixture Specifications
- SWIG Grant Closeout Form
MassDEP Point-of-Use (POU) Fixture Guidance
- Installation of Point-of-Use Devices at Schools or Early Education and Care Facilities that Are Not Registered Public Water Systems
- Tips on Operation & Maintenance for Point-of-Use Devices
Statewide Contract Guidance and Information
- Who may use Statewide Contracts?
- FAC100 - Building Maintenance Repair and Operations Statewide Contract
- TRD01 - Boilers; Drains; Electrical; Fencing; General Contracting; Generator/Turbine; Glass/Window/Doors; HVAC/Sheet Metal; Painting; Plumbing, Repair Services Statewide Contract
Post-Installation Guidance and Resources
- Sampling for Lead and Copper at Schools and Childcare Facilities
- Lead Contamination Control Act (LCCA) Program Management Tool
- Follow-Up Steps for Schools and EECF with Lead Detections Over 1 ppb*
- Lead Contamination Control Act (LCCA) Glossary of Terms
- Lead and Copper Drinking Water Results in Schools and Childcare Facilities
* The following page contains resources such as Template Letters and Follow Up Action Charts. These documents can be used to comply with post-installation consumer notification requirements.