While every effort is made to minimize the risks of participation in the Laptop Computer Testing Program, before deciding to register it is important to note that the BBE does not own or maintain the software used for the laptop computer testing program and cannot guarantee the performance of the software furnished by ExamSoft, Inc. In the event that technical difficulties occur during the bar examination, you will be required to handwrite your essay answers in the answer books provided and no additional testing time will be provided. Technical difficulties may include hardware or software malfunctions, data saving or retrieval problems, operator errors or the loss of electrical power at the examination facility.
Communications between Laptop Computer Testing Program Registrants and ExamSoft
- All communications between examinees selecting to participate in the Laptop Computer Testing Program and ExamSoft will be by email.
- You will be contacted at the email address you provide on your petition for admission. It is your responsibility to maintain the email address provided until the conclusion of the bar examination process. Should unforeseen circumstances require that you change your email address during this time, you are required to provide a new and valid email address to the Court immediately.
- ExamSoft will use any identifying information regarding program registrants for the sole purpose of establishing an account for each applicant to register and download software.
Examinees must provide their own laptop computer which meets or exceeds system requirements as determined by ExamSoft. Please review these Laptop Computer Testing Program Systems Requirements before registering for this program.
Registration, Fees and Startup
To be eligible to use a laptop, examinees must:
- include with the Petition to the Court, the signed Bar Exam Laptop Computer Testing Program form (below) for registration and compliance
- include with the Petition to the Court, the laptop fee of $75 in addition to the Petition for Admission fee of $815 for a total of $890
- complete the registration process with Examsoft -you will be billed directly by ExamSoft for the $97.35 software license and service fee
- complete the mock exam
After the Petition filing deadline, examinees will receive instructions by email from ExamSoft about registering and downloading the laptop software and certify your laptop computer for the bar examination. The mock exam will be downloaded in the registration process. It is the responsibility of the examinee to register with ExamSoft, pay the appropriate fee and follow all ExamSoft instructions.
Questions regarding the download and use of the software should be directed to ExamSoft technical support at (866) 429-8889 or via email at: email@example.com.
If sitting for the exam in more than one jurisdiction, you must register and pay the fees for both jurisdictions. Go to http://go.examsoft.com/barexamregistrationdual for more information.