Veterans’ treatment courts are designed to handle criminal cases involving defendants who have a history of military service through a coordinated effort among the veterans services delivery system, community-based providers, and the court. The sessions aim to improve public safety while dealing with the underlying issues of posttraumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, and military sexual trauma. Abstinence from drugs and alcohol, mandated treatment, swift accountability, and weekly interaction with the court are requirements of the Veterans Treatment Court.
Locations with Related Forms
There are five veterans’ treatment courts in Massachusetts:
- Norfolk County Veterans Treatment Court, located at the Dedham District Court
- Boston Veterans Court, located in the Central Division of the Boston Municipal Court
- Essex County Veterans Treatment Court, located at Lawrence District Court
- Middlesex County Veterans Treatment Court at the Framingham District Court
- Western Massachusetts Veterans Treatment Court, located at the Holyoke District Court