In early 2020, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts completed a 12+ month vision planning process for the future use of the 13-acre Shattuck Campus in Jamaica Plain. This extensive engagement with a Community Advisory Board (CAB) resulted in the Vision Plan: Redevelopment of the Shattuck Campus at Morton Street. The Plan incorporates key principles and areas of consensus developed by the CAB and larger community for the Campus while recognizing that the use of the site is restricted to public health purposes, per the statute transferring Shattuck to the State (c. 770, 1949).
In December 2020, a Preliminary Project Proposal (PPP) was approved by the Asset Management Board. The PPP incorporates the Vision Plan goals, principles, and recommendations.
• Describes existing conditions;
• Summarizes the planning process and context (including community input);
• Summarizes the findings from a Health Needs and Services Assessment;
• Identifies Planning Principles and Design Goals;
• Provides recommendations for a program and service model that address the findings from Health Needs & Services Assessment.
In June 2021, the Asset Management Board (AMB) authorized a Request for Proposal (RFP) process based on the Vision Plan for the site. The Commonwealth released the RFP for the Shattuck Campus in June 2022 and received one response. See the link below to learn more about the RFP.
The AMB reviews and approves proposed projects that involve the long-term lease of real estate assets held by state agencies and enables a competitive disposition process, such as a Request for Proposals (RFP) process.