The Commonwealth has completed a 12+ month vision planning process for the future use of the 13-acre Shattuck Campus in Jamaica Plain.
The purpose of the planning process: to establish a consensus vision for the future use of the Shattuck Campus at Morton Street. The use of the site is restricted to public health purposes, per the statute transferring Shattuck to the State (c. 770, 1949).
• Describes existing conditions;
• Summarizes the planning process and context (including community input);
• Summarizes the findings from a Health Needs and Services Assessment;
• Identifies Planning Principles and Design Goals;
• Provides recommendations for a program and service model that address the findings from Health Needs & Services Assessment.
The recommendations in the Vision Plan will inform a future Request for Proposals (RFP). The purpose of the RFP process is to seek (a) development partner(s) to redevelop the Shattuck Campus at Morton Street, consistent with desired program and planning principles.
Learn more about the plan below.