The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing has contracted with Professional Credential Services, Inc. (PCS), Nashville, TN, for the dissemination and processing of applications and forms.
Beginning July 1, 2017
- All applications to the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing for initial licensure by examination and reciprocity will be submitted as an On-Line application only.
- Paper applications previously submitted will be processed.
- All applications submitted with a post mark on or before June 30, 2017 will be accepted.
- Any applicant applying with a post mark date after the June 30, 2017 deadline will be directed to submit an on-line application.
For Additional Information on applications and forms please contact:
Professional Credential Services
Attn: MA Nursing
P.O. Box 198788
Nashville, TN 37219-8689
Please note the following:
Important New Information for Nurse Licensure Applicants
As of April 4, 2016, individuals applying for both Initial Licensure by Examination and by Reciprocity in Massachusetts are now required to have submitted directly to the Professional Credential Services (PCS), an Official Final Transcript from their RN or LPN program. PCS cannot accept a transcript that is sent by the Applicant or attached to the Application. Any transcripts that are not received directly from a nursing program will not be processed and the application will be considered incomplete.
As of April 4, 2016, all Non-US educated nurses applying for Licensure by Reciprocity must now complete a Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) evaluation. The CGFNS evaluation report of foreign nurse education credentials must be made available to PCS. Applications for Licensure by Reciprocity that do not include the CGFNS evaluation will be considered incomplete and will not be processed by PCS.
If you have been previously licensed in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and want to renew your EXPIRED or LAPSED license, visit our website at https://onlineservices.hhs.state.ma.us/ to renew your license online. DO NOT use one of the following options below.
If you have been previously authorized in Massachusetts as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and want to renew your EXPIRED or LAPSED license, you must complete the “Request to reinstate APRN authorization” below and send it to the Board for review at:
Board of Registration in Nursing
Nursing Practice Coordinator
239 Causeway St., 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
- Determination of Eligibility for Practical Nurse Reciprocity or to Write the NCLEX-PN by Former RN
- Change of Address or Name or Duplicate License
- Request to remove APRN authorization
- Request to reinstate APRN authorization
- Affidavit to Verify Social Security Number or Date of Birth
- NCLEX Applicants Requesting Test Accommodations Due to A Disability